Saturday 14 March 2009

York



I have been a vary lucky lady this weekend! I have been on a lovely trip to York. It is a lovely historic place full of fine ales and architecture! I delightfully sampled many ales and was surprised to find I really like blond ale! I also ate at two lovely restaurants. I must stink of garlic because both meals had generous helpings! It was nice to have a change for the norm.



The shops were lovely and I came across a wonderful place, Cath Kidston's! YEYEYEYEYYEY!




We went to the Quilt Museum in York. That was fascinating. Stoatie loved it too. The quilts were dated around 1800. The fabric patterns are very similar to what we use now. Funny how we don't change much! I don't know what I will make yet with all the samples and fabrics!


No comments:

Boys Quilt

Boys Quilt

Love Quilt

Love Quilt

Close up of dads quilt

Close up of dads quilt
You can clearly see all the detail from each of the pictures

Quilt for dad!

Quilt for dad!
Detail- isn't it pretty

Dads Quilt

Dads Quilt
Detail of dads quilt

Quilt for Dad

Quilt for Dad
Given to my dad for his birthday