Tuesday 29 January 2008

Bunny in the head lights!

My working day certainly had a cumbersome beginning and certainly a startling end! I wasn't in the mood for work today (who is?) But you know you get on with it for the spondoulikays (money). Anyhoooooo about to leave home Stoatie shouts 'have you got your keys?', me, 'errrmmm yeah ('duuuhh why wouldn't I?' in my head) off goes the Stoat to work (five minute walk from home). I get ready all grumpy. I reach for the keys, ta da! Not there, nowhere, not a sniff of keys anywhere! DDDAAAAMMMMMNNNNNN Panic, can't get out! Can't get out if there is a fire! Can't get OUT AAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. No over reaction or anything. Me all panicky phones the stoat four times-engaged damn damn damn Fifth time panic panic got no keys! aaahhhhhhh. Stoat 'big sigh' (stupid bitch- in his head) and has to run home to let me out to work and run back to get back for his job! yikes! On the way to work I realised that the said keys are in fact not holidaying in the med but in work. STOOOPID! They are now in my rightful hands and will not leave my sight! haa

The day went as expected-OK. The thought of my day off took over the afternoon and got me through. Also along with the fact it is the Stoat and mine's anniversary. woohoo.

On leaving work me thinks it a great idea to go and get some loverly pop! (diet coke) so off I march to the co-op. I exchange the shiny for the pop with the lady, go on my merry way. Crossing by a beautiful church. Screech bap. SQUISH. I get hit in the stomach by a wing mirror! Total idiot is speeding hence the belly full of mirror. My shopping flies off to mars (down the street) I am thrown into a spin like a mad Martha Graham dance piece and luckily find my balance (surely down to all those years of dance, it did come in useful mum and dad!) But yikes do I feel like crap and an idiot! Traffic was mental and on red so loads of people saw it!

Thank goodness several people came to my rescue, instantly telling me the driver was speeding. FOOL! I was so angry but trying to be balanced about it all, whilst freaking out and in pain. I just wanted to be at home at that minute away from all the attention. Ambulance came drove me around the corner by the kebab house (no I failed to take advantage of this) checked me out, saw I was, apart from sore and freaked, not dying! WOO HOO! Bless em they gave me a lift home. That was embarrassing! I live a ten minute walk away so they didn't mind.

So thanks to the good Samaritans and the ambulance crew! The police have just left mine as they came to take a statement. She told me that the wing mirror was smashed to pieces. Yey Thank god I'm fat and I had that safety flab!

Thanks to the good people of Wrexham!

5 comments:

Junie Moon said...

Oh my goodness! This is a terrible thing and I imagine you hurt like the dickens. Thank God you're (somewhat) okay!

Little Stitcher said...

Thanks Junie. I have got whip lash and yes I am sore. Thanks xxxx

Dharma Designs said...

OMG - glad you're OK!

Helen Carter said...

I'm calling my gut "safety flab" from now on. Hope you are feeling better.

jhundanao said...

hey, i would like to thank you for being the first person to post a comment on my site! i was not expecting that someone would be reading my posts... super glad... thanks again... yah! let's be happy!

Boys Quilt

Boys Quilt

Love Quilt

Love Quilt

Close up of dads quilt

Close up of dads quilt
You can clearly see all the detail from each of the pictures

Quilt for dad!

Quilt for dad!
Detail- isn't it pretty

Dads Quilt

Dads Quilt
Detail of dads quilt

Quilt for Dad

Quilt for Dad
Given to my dad for his birthday